11 Reasons You Should List Your Home During the Holiday Season
You’ve heard it from real estate agents before. “The Winter season is slow.” Or, “No one is really buying or selling.” And even, “I’ll get started in the New Year, it’s a new start right?”
Wrong. The truth is, it’s better to be ahead than behind. The winter months are the perfect opportunity for you to find the motivated buyers and get them to see your home.
So without further adieu, here are 11 reasons you should list your home during the Holiday Season.
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low.
10. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
9. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holidays.
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers cannot wait until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture the market.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a work week.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money for you.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you.
And the number one reason why your seller should list during the Holidays …
1. People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
source: KW Blog
The Ross-Haigler Group at Keller Williams Realty
Full Service Team of Licensed Real Estate Professionals servicing the region surrounding Charlotte, NC
The Ross-Haigler Group exists to achieve a higher standard in the Real Estate industry by: continually exceeding our client’s expectations, treating others with respect and honesty, and living our company values – God. Family. Business.
Posted on November 27, 2013, in Holidays, Selling Your Home and tagged 4Hismove.com, Keller Williams Union County, Ross Haigler Group at Keller Williams, Selling Your Home During the Holidays. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.